Tuesday, September 28, 2010

News...of sorts.

Hey there!  Remember me?  Amanda.  Yeah really.  I'm just checking in to say I haven't fallen off the face of the earth...yet.  I'm in the process of getting my new website up and running, which is more work than I had previously thought it would be, but that's mostly because my attention to detail is--shall we say--lacking.  Oh well.  I'm also busy with boutiques and fairs on the weekends which has turned out to be quite easy and profitable.  At least, it would be if I didn't have to put all my profit back into the company right now.  The price of a brand new business, I suppose.  I'm excited about all the ideas swimming through my head, though sharing them right now would not be so smart... ;)

On another note, we had another Activity Days activity (that sounds weird, but I didn't know how else to word it) tonight that was really fun.  The girls are learning a new song and they'll be singing it in Sacrament Meeting in a few weeks.  As they sang I had this vision of all these beautiful little girls in a few years as Young Women--almost got teary.  They sounded beautiful and all of them were excited to find out they get to perform.  I'm loving this age because their attitudes haven't gotten the best of them just yet.  One of the girls even brought me a little picture frame with a heart in it and said she'd been saving it for a long time for something really special.  Heart strings officially tugged.

For my other calling, I've contacted a local Professional Organizer who's coming to give our Relief Society her "Top Ten Tips", followed by a Swap Meet in the cultural hall.  I'm WAY excited for this one!

And here's the biggest news of all.....

I've kept my kitchen clean for an ENTIRE WEEK!!!  I can't believe it either!  Living room, not so much, but I'll take what I can get at this point.

3 comments:

Julie w said...

I love that you're doing more activities with RS. I hope they're not scheduled on Tuesday nights though because YW leaders won't be able to attend. Shucks! Is there any way around not having them on Tueday evenings?

Jonesy said...

Problem is....our ward is scheduled to have the building on Tues. nights this year, and we can't infringe upon the other wards by asking to have our activities on their nights--which is why wards are assigned specific days in the first place. I know it's a problem, and I'm trying to think of ways around it. There are a couple of activities I have in the works that will include the YW, (in Feb. & Mar.) so that will help. If I had my way, we'd have all the activities on Wed. nights since it's the only night we're never on-call! :) I'll get together with you about your schedule and we'll see what we can make work.

Jen said...

You must post the top ten tips after you learn them. Sounds like a great activity!