Friday, May 21, 2010

Katie's Pinkalicious Party

Katie decided on a "Pinkalicious" birthday this year, and I have to admit, I had a great time coming up with games and decorations for her!



We started off with Pin the Cherry on the CupcakeThen we had a Cakewalk (sorry, no pics) where I had a circle of numbers on the ground, withe the "magic number" being 6, for Katie's age, of course. Every time I said the word, "cupcake" as I read "Pinkalicious" aloud, whomever was standing on the 6 got to jump out and get their cupcake & pink lemonade! It was fun to try to make the cupcakes look like the ones in the story. I think I did a fine job!

After stuffing their faces with lots of pinkaliciousness, Katie decided to open her gifts--again, no pics--but here's a picture of the cute wands I made for all the girls to take home with them...

...and the Strawberry Popcorn Mike whipped up last night for them to take home as well. Seriously yummy!


I also picked up some pink flip flops from Old Navy and some cute little glittery foam flowers and butterflies that we tied on them--once again, no pics. I also failed to get pics of all the girls dressed in all their pink in front of my little pink vignette. Oh well. We had a great time and now I'm ready to not look at or think about pink for a very long time.

5 comments:

Fiddlefish said...

You seriously amaze me. WAY cute.

Kate said...

That is so cute Amanda, I bet they had a ball!

Marisa said...

How fun! I'm going to have to steal this idea.

Tasha said...

Wow Amanda - you sure know how to outdo yourself. So dang cute!

Julie w said...

Lesee had such a good time!! I didn't see her name on the pin the cherry on the cupcake game. I guess she's not a good aim. Thanks so much for letting her come! Way cute btw!!