Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Update

After the accident, I was eager to find out how the driver was doing. I had no idea if he'd even survived, so I sent an email to the last people I knew were taking care of him--AirMed. I knew they wouldn't be able to offer much information, but I hoped they could at least tell me if he'd made it, and possibly refer me to someone else with more info. This is the email I received this morning:

Thank you for stopping. Not many people are willing to do that. Unfortunately I can't give out much information because of all the laws governing privacy of medical patients. I will say he was in very critical condition with a head injury, but is now doing much better. He was taken to Ogden Regional Hospital. To the best of my knowledge he did not have children. I'm only basing that on the fact that when the police notified his family his home address took them to his parents house and they talked with his parents and not a wife. There was a second person in the car who I was told was a hitch hiker. He is also expected to do fine. I'm very sorry I can't tell you more but again I do want to thank you for stopping and helping. Often the first to to arrive can mean the difference between life and death. He was a very lucky guy to have survived and I'm sure you were a part of that. Thanks Dave

That's all I needed. I'm so relieved that the kid is going to be alright. Thankfully, we are too.

No comments: