Saturday, October 25, 2008

Questions for My Girls--Maggie (7), Katie (4), Brooke (5)

Just a little programming note...None of the girls heard each other's responses, and none were coerced--no, really...

1. What is something mom always says to you?
Maggie--"Don't do that! Don't do that! Don't do that!"
Katie--"No!"
Brooke--"Don't."
2. What makes mom happy?
Maggie --"Hugging you. "
Katie--"Getting you an animal."
Brooke--"Me being nice."
3. What makes mom sad?
Maggie--"If we ran away."
Katie--"Your sneezing with the cat."
Brooke--"Me being mean."
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Maggie--"Tickling me."
Katie--"By giving me a cat."
Brooke--"Tickling me."
5. What was your mom like as a child?
Maggie--"Like me."
Katie--"Like a cat."
Brooke--"The same thing as me."
6. How old is your mom?
Maggie--"33"
Katie--"33"
Brooke--"36"
7. How tall is your mom?
Maggie--"As tall as my treehouse."
Katie--"11"
Brooke--"100"
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Maggie--"Laugh with me."
Katie--"Clean the dishes."
Brooke--"Sleep."
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Maggie--"Nothing--she just watches TV."
Katie--"Cleans the dishes."
Brooke--"Watch TV."
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Maggie--"Being the President."
Katie--"She would go to Dancing with the Stars."
Brooke--"For being the President."
11. What is your mom really good at?
Maggie--"Exercising at Meredith's house."
Katie--"Dancing and getting Halloween stuff."
Brooke--"Watching the kids."
12. What is your mom not very good at?
Maggie--"Playing dress up, cuz you can't fit into our dress up clothes...."
Katie--"Polishing shoes."
Brooke--"Playing fetch."
13. What does your mom do for her job?
Maggie--"She watches us."
Katie--"You go at the zoo to hunt for horsies."
Brooke--"Working in the basement."
14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Maggie--"Chicken."
Katie--"Chicken."
Brooke--"Lasagna."
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Maggie--"Nothing that I know of..."
Katie--"Nothing."
Brooke--"Being nice to me."
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Maggie--"Sleeping Beauty, cuz you sleep a lot."
Katie--"Higglytown Heroes cuz I love Higglytown Heroes! I want you to be Twinkle!"
Brooke--"Word Girl!"
17. What do you and your mom do together?
Maggie--"Clean up."
Katie--"Both of us clean the dishes, like wash 'em, you know?"
Brooke--"Love each other."
18. How are you and your mom the same?
Maggie--"Everybody says we look the same. "
Katie--"Both of us have ears, both of us have necks, both of us have heads, both of us have bodies, (and she continues to name EVERY body part--in one breath!)"
Brooke--"We have blue eyes."
19. How are you and your mom different?
Maggie--"She's older and I'm littler."
Katie--"I don't have brown hair and I don't have a spray bottle."
Brooke--"You're a mom and I'm a kid."
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Maggie--"Because she gives me hugs and kisses every night and every morning!"
Katie--"Cuz she kisses me. I'm done Mom, can I go now?"
Brooke--"You give me a hug and a kiss!"

3 comments:

Kate said...

Hey!
I didn't know you guys were thinking about building a house. Do you already have property? We have a really nice 1/2 acre lot right next door to us that is still up for grabs. You would have really nice neighbors :) and I don't mean just us...we LOVE our neighborhood! Anyway, you can get 1/2 acre up here for less than 1/4 acre in Roy and you can't beat small town living! Anyway enough of my sales pitch!

Your little girl is so cute! Gotta love how they answer questions, it is really funny to see the world from a kids perspective. Haha, thanks for a good laugh!

Jennifer said...

love it! they are so candid it is such a fun perspective. your trunk or treat post was right on. I'm activities Chair and I don't do that activity #1 for the very reasons and chaos that you wrote about and #2 we actually live in a really safe and awesome neighborhood and i just think there is something about taking your kids door to door like in the "old" days. We do a soup social at my house instead and have a fire pit, donuts, hot chocolate and neighbors bring crockpot soups. So it is more like a pit stop, warm up and chat activity on Halloween night. Anyway, that was a really long comment. yikes!

heather said...

I loved hearing your girls' perspective on the world. Sounds like all you do is what TV all day right? ;)